Good bye 2k16!
Hi guys! Welcome to my little blog space where I talk about small things that matter.
2016 ended with a lot happening: my final professionals, graduation, moving back to my hometown and lots and lots weddings! Safe to say December was a roller coaster ride! I know 2016 wasn't all that great for everyone but when I start to think about it, there's way too much I can be grateful for; I'm not even sure where to begin.
I started my vlog this year in April and I never ever thought I would come THIS far with it this soon. Never ever in my wildest dreams. I had a simple objective, and I started meeting it way before my expectation. I can't help but feel extremely grateful and content with myself for starting this.
Most people may not understand that this blog pretty much means everything to me and I want to give it my 100%. And it may look easy, but it takes time, effort, and determination. It also takes guts to be honest haha. But I don't think I've ever felt more truly and passionately about anything!
For me, the year 2016 was all about cleansing my brain off of negative thoughts. With you guys and with this blog, I did just that. 2016 was a spiritual year for me, and I feel really blessed to have come this far with it only in a matter of a few months.
Here are ten of many things I learned in 2016:
- If I love it when I see it, appreciate it no matter what.
- No fretting over things that aren't in my control.
- When anxious think about what's the worse that could happen? And it really doesn't feel that bad.
- Take special time out to truly and with all my heart thank God, and express that I need Him every step of the way.
- Accept differences.. Not everyone has to be like me and that's alright.
- Be patient, be patient, be patient. (STILL STRUGGLING)
- Hope for the best but always be prepared for the worst.
- It's never too late to start over. Ever.
- To achieve dreams, you have to start somewhere. Never ever think stuff like 'I'm not good enough to do this' - you have to start somewhere to be good enough one day.
- Just because somebody else has it, doesn't mean I have to have it. Everyone's life runs at its own pace - and that's the best it can be. So let it be. What's good for someone else may not be good for me at all, and that's okay.
My resolution for 2017 is pretty simple. To be a better human than I am today. To never be in a competition with anyone else but myself. And not let the external affect my internal peace of mind. Be more patient (ugh :p) and always be myself. And that's about it..
I could go on but I really just wanted to keep my first post simple. So Happy New Year everyone! I hope you have a blessed year. My advice to you for this year: start with yourself, be yourself and realize your true potential - you will be surprised. Good luck! May God's love be with you (it always is, just learn to recognize it and then embrace it)
Lots of love and positive vibes <3