Homecoming - Diary
I have already mentioned in my last post that I've graduated and moved back home, finally. Moving back home sounds simple but it's actually a complete experience in itself as well. You've spent four years away, and you've only been home on holidays and weekends, have had princess treatment every single time and you don't really know whats home been about. You almost forget what it was like and you don't realize how much things have changed in a place you've frequently been 'visiting.' (visiting and living are just TWO separate things!)
To be honest, as enthusiastic as I was about FINALLY getting to be with my family and being home for good, I was ALSO...scared. Why? Because of not having anything to do, not having enough friends, not having an as eventful and exciting enough life as I had in Lahore, and just of growing up (for real! :P) So, I wanted to make sure that when I get back I have enough to do, and enough excitement in my life. But I kinda over did it! Haha! I mean, no I'm not complaining, just saying, and I'm happy about it. Since the day I've come back, I've just been on a roll - getting no time to sit back. Here's everything I JUMPED right into when I got back -
- A TON OF WEDDINGS
- I launched the blog! Duh. :D
- Got myself to start a 1000 piece puzzle, so I'm never just sitting and scrolling through newsfeed. I dunno WHY I'm SO afraid of being free. :P
- Believe it or not, I got myself to join the gym. It's not because I have any particular body goals, or weight loss goals (yet) but because I was SO afraid I'll be sitting around, and I would need some exercise in life so I jumped right into it. I don't regret it though. Exercise is great!
- I started working as a playgroup teacher! Yup! You heard (see:read) it. I have ten kids at the pre-school and the reason I went for it was to make sure my mornings start early. I didn't want a late lazy start to the day..na-ah.
- I've been doing some collaborations, partnerships, going to blog events, other events and photoshoots for the profile.
- I have also been getting my hand better at technology (trying lol), and learning some computer softwares, and camera work, and editing skills etc etc, OBVIOUSLY for the blog. Tryina be a pro here :P
- AND FINALLY, I've been working on starting my OWN YOUTUBE CHANNEL that im massively excited about but also SUPER nervous about at the same time because well, its not like my usual snapchat vlogging and I'm not that great at it to be honest.
Anyway, you guys get the picture. So what my point is, homecoming is scary and I felt like if I don't get myself together ASAP, I might not be able to do it at all because I'll get to used to having a lazy routine. But it's safe to say, its not lazy at all and I'm pretty much always on the go. And I like that.
If you've come back home from college, or if you're generally bored in life, try to get out there and find something productive to do. It can be anything you enjoy doing, anything creative, fun, and it doesn't have to be AMAZING. Like for example,I know I'm not a pro You-Tuber or the best blogger ever, sometimes I'm COMPLETELY lost about where to go from here but then again like I often say, 'you gotta start somewhere to get somewhere' which is why I STARTED (and you should too) - I'm not sure where I'll go with the blog, or YT, or the gym, or anything else but then again, that's the most exciting part because I'm constantly in need of inspiration which is what drives me. Remind yourself that 'life begins at the end of your comfort zone' every time doing something new feels difficult and that if you do it at least you'll find yourself somewhere else instead of exactly where you are now.
LOVE AND POSITIVE VIBES,